Preventing the Spread of Rabies in the City and Its Consequences for Humans and Animals
Dog Owners are Required to Comply with the Provisions of the Dog Supervision Regulation Law
- Every dog / cat age three months or older must be vaccinated against rabies if 12 months have passed since its last vaccination.
- Dog owners may not allow their dog to leave the yard unless the dog is held by a person able to control it, using a leash.
Veterinary Service Actions for Preventing Rabies:
- Catching and quarantining stray dogs and confiscating dogs not vaccinated annually as required by law.
- Putting down stray dogs and dogs whose owners allow them to roam in public areas and which cannot be caught.
Imposing Administrative Fines under the Dog Supervision Regulation Law
- The fine for keeping a dog without a rabies vaccine is NIS 1,500 plus NIS 150 for every additional day
- The fine for dogs released in public areas and not held by a person is NIS 500.