The Sports Division of the Jerusalem Municipality is responsible for formulating the city's policy on all sports-related activities, planning and developing sports infrastructure and facilities, and developing programs and specialized services. The Sports Division offers a wide selection of activities for all city residents. Services include:
- Educating prospective sports instructors and managers at the Jerusalem campus of the Wingate Institute Academic College.
- Managing, maintaining, and operating municipal sports facilities. Developing infrastructure for outdoor exercise equipment, walking routes, biking routesand competitive sports such as track and field, gymnastics, etc.)
- Financial support to community centers for various sports projects, events, and activities for all ages and population groups, from toddlers to senior citizens.
- Promoting SFA activities and competitive sports
- Providing a wide range of educational programs and projects targeting all populations, including special-needs groups, senior citizens, preschoolers, youths, adults, east Jerusalem, orthodox community and pre-army.
- School Leagues and club leagues of Futsal, Basketball, Table-tennis, Karate, Judo involving over 160 teams with competitions held throughout the year. A variety of sports classes and events. For more information click here
- Holding major sporting events on the national and international levels: the Jerusalem Marathon, Jerusalem March, International Bicycle Week, Maccabiah Games, and more and creating overseas collaborations through sports delegation exchange programs.