Eligibility for Olim
In the pre-immigration phase and the beginning of the absorption process, it is recommended to contact the project managers with the dedicated professional service factors in the field of people with disabilities.
Rehabilitation services in Israel is subject to approval by the Ministry of Welfare and Social Services of the State of Israel and therefore:
- Prospective immigrants must have relevant up-to-date documents (in Hebrew or English) in accordance with the attached list
- It is recommended to contact an employee of the station for people with disabilities as early as possible – with the help of a new immigrant and immigration encouragement coordinator from the Jerusalem Municipality’s Immigration and Absorption Authority
- In accordance with Israeli law, children and adults with certain disabilities will be required to undergo additional diagnoses by the bodies in Israel authorized to do so
The diagnosis and recognition process takes about six months
- Service in Jerusalem is provided through area stations for the treatment of people with disabilities and municipal units. If you know your future address of residence in Jerusalem you can contact the relevant station with the help of the new immigrant and immigration encouragement coordinator or the neighborhood immigration absorption coordinator.
- The professional team will make every effort to facilitate the proper responses. At the same time, it is not possible to commit in advance to the integration of the person with the disability in the welfare services framework in accordance with the request of the person and/or their family. The response sometimes involves a waiting period, and is usually not immediate.
- Up-to-date social report (up to six months)
- Functional report – self-help skills, ADL from the program in which the person was integrated abroad (bathing, dressing, eating)
- Educational/employment report
- Psychological reports and diagnoses
- Psychiatric report – when receiving psychiatric treatment
- Medical report
- Medical nursing information – for people with physical disabilities
- Child development institute report – for children up to the age of 5 or 6
- Hearing tests – for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Certificate of blindness – for the blind and visually impaired
- People with autism – a dedicated psychiatric and psychological diagnosis is required in accordance with the established criteria
- People with developmental intellectual disabilities – recognition and eligibility depend on the Ministry of Welfare diagnostic committee in Israel, which has statutory status.
- People with cognitive impairment, physical disability or sensory impairment – the service is provided to people recognized by Social Security with at least 40% disability in the relevant clauses.
- A guardianship appointment order / alternative to guardianship order or order supporting a decision – in case of need, depending on the circumstances of the case
- Waiver of confidentiality
- Copy of ID/passport – for prospective new immigrants and holders of Israeli citizenship