Conditions of Work of the Conservation Department and List of Architects Attached to the Conservation Department
The Conservation Department of the Jerusalem Municipality has established a database of conservation architects. This repository list is binding.
Definition of the role of architect accompanying the conservation work:-
The architect accompanying the conservation work will be responsible for the planning of the conservation and restoration work as well as responsible for supervising the execution of the above, in full coordination with the Conservation Department of the Jerusalem Municipality.
Requirements of the Conservation Department for the conservation architect:-
- To update the Conservation Department on the receipt of the building permit as well as on the date of commencement of work.
- Before the work begins on the site, the stages of the work should be defined and submitted in writing to the reviewer of the Conservation Department.
- During the work all the preservation guidelines incorporated in the building permit should be followed.
- Report in writing to the reviewer of the Conservation Department any action that does not meet the conservation and restoration requirements as presented in the building permit.
- Before performing any of the above steps (Section 0) the conservation guidelines should be submitted in writing for approval by the Municipal Conservation These guidelines should be accompanied by plans, details, specifications, etc. as necessary.
- The completion of a phase of the conservation work must be reported in writing to the reviewer of the Conservation Department in order to obtain its approval. It is not possible to proceed to the next stage without the approval of the Conservation Department on the previous stage.
- A report on the conservation must be submitted to the Conservation Department and the Construction Supervision Department according to the format of the Conservation Department once every two weeks.
- It is the responsibility of the accompanying conservation consultant to coordinate a tour with the reviewer from the Conservation Department once a month on site.
An architect who signs an appointment form is obligated to carry out the requirements of the Department.
Below is a list of the database approved by the Conservation Department of the Jerusalem Municipality:-
- Selma Arad
3. Anna Dijensky
4. Marcus Edelkop
5. Ziv Eyal
6. Amos Gidron
7. Marla Hyber Goldstein
8. Michael Jonas
9. Avner Ofek
10. Uri Padan
11. Shaya Roth
12. Leah Saban
13. Moshe Shapira
14. Dror Solar
15. Giora Solar
16. Shamir Zalkin