Urban development levies are mandatory payments made to the local authority for the construction of urban infrastructure and are collected by virtue of municipal bylaws (paving, canalization), in accordance with their specifications.
A paving levy and a canalization fee will be imposed if one or more of the following cases occur
- Commencement of paving work and / or laying drainage lines (as defined in the "Laws for Jerusalem") in the vicinity of the property.
- In issuing a permit for new construction - as a condition for obtaining the permit.
- In relation to construction deviation - in accordance with what is specified in the "Laws for Jerusalem".
Charging a paving levy and canalization fee when applying for a building permit will be an integral part of the process of processing the application and is required as a condition for obtaining a building permit
- Paving levies on all types of properties in the city - will be calculated in accordance with the new and / or additional construction area approved in the property (sqm.).
- Channeling fee for all properties in the city, except for properties used for industry and crafts - will be calculated according to the new and / or additional construction area approved in the property (sq.m.). For properties used for industry and craft - the channeling fee will be calculated according to the new and / or additional construction volume (m3) Approved on the property.
- It will be clarified that the building area for the purpose of calculating levies includes all built-up areas, including main areas, auxiliary areas, balconies of all types, storage rooms, covered parking, warehouses, shelters, stairwells, entrances, passages, non-covered construction areas, facilities and technical systems , "Protected floor spaces" (sqm3) and more.
- For the purpose of calculating the paving and canalization levies, the application editor's statement must be forwarded to the department. See Appendix A - "Applicant's statement - details of the construction areas for the purpose of calculating a paving levy and a canalization fee".
The statement can also be sent via email: Hslila@jerusalem.muni.il