Ways of getting to "Selichot" events
During the month of Elul and the holidays during the month of Tishrei, there will be changes in traffic arrangements and public transportation
Bus lines to the Sultan's Pool and the Western Wall Plaza:
- Line 1 (Egged) - Central Bus Station to Western Wall (via Geula and HaShabbat Square)
- Line 2 (Superbus) - Tzahal Square to Western Wall and back (via Jaffa Gate and Jewish Quarter)
- Line 3 (Extra) - Central Bus Station to Western Wall (via Romema and Bar Ilan intersection)
- Line 38 (Superbus) - Jewish Quarter to First Station complex, King David St., and back to Jewish Quarter
- Line 83 (Superbus): Ma'ale Hazeitim to First Station complex, King David St., and back to Ma'ale Hazeitim (via Western Wall)
- From September 9 until the end of the intermediate days of Sukkot, lines 1 and 3 will operate all night
It will be possible to travel by light rail to City Hall Station or Damascus Gate Station, and continue from there on foot.
Changes to public transportation on eve of Rosh Hashanah, eve of Yom Kippur, and intermediate days of Sukkot:
- Line 2 will be cancelled
- Lines 38 and 83 will operate on a different route
- On those days, special lines will opertate for users of public transportation
- Line 333 will operate from Ramot Intersection, via the HaEven bus stop (Shmuel HaNavi), to the Western Wall and back
- Line 111 will operate from Teddy Stadium to the Western Wall and back.
On the eve of Rosh Hashanah and the eve of Yom Kippur, the Light Rail will operate until 2:30 in the morning.
Israel Railways will operate trains from Yitzhak Navon station (Central Bus station) all night, except for on Tuesdays, due to maintenance work on the tracks on those days.