Car 2 Go - Community Rental
Car2Go, the shared car company owned by the Shagrir Group, offers dozens of various models and sizes of vehicles, enabling community rental that will ease traffic in the city.
The municipal system for vehicle sharing is part of the Jerusalem Municipality's plan for promoting innovative and creative transportation solutions designed to ease traffic congestion and allow for a variety of transportation services for people who do not own private vehicles, thereby enabling them to get around the city quickly, all at a low cost to the city's residents and visitors.
Some 17 parking spaces in residential neighborhoods and central locations around the city, near recreation and employment centers, have been converted to aid the success of the project. In addition, designated parking spaces have been allocated in neighborhoods for the benefit of the religious public (excluding use on Shabbat and holidays).
Here's how it works:
- Complete a one-time registration to the service through the company's website, www.car2go.co.il, and receive a smart card for use in vehicles.
- Order a car in advance or spontaneously 24/7 on the company website, by calling the company call center at *8225 or through a designated application, and choose the time and location of the vehicle.
- Arrive at the designated parking location of the vehicle you ordered, place the smart card on the windscreen – the vehicle will open and the keys will be inside. In addition, you can unlock the vehicle using the designated application.
- When you have finished using the vehicle, return it to the place from where you collected it. The parking space will be available, so there is no need to go searching for parking.
The cost of the service is a NIS 40 monthly membership fee for city residents and NIS 50 for non-residents. To promote the new service a special deal is being offered: two months with no membership fees. The cost of vehicle usage is between NIS 15–20 for basic vehicles. The price is updated according to the chosen route and kilometers travelled per trip.
- In Jerusalem, the project has been divided in two – a regularly operating model and a "special service" model for the religious-orthodox community:
- "Special service" vehicles are not available for booking on Shabbat eve, even when the reservation time is not during Shabbat (Shabbat hours are updated according to the Jerusalem Shabbat start times schedule).
- A "special service" vehicle that has not been booked in advanced and is parked in a reserved parking space cannot be ordered during Shabbat (the vehicle is disabled and cannot be turned on).
- If a vehicle has been booked before Shabbat (by a customer who observes Shabbat, of course) and returned after the end of Shabbat, the customer will not be charged for "Shabbat time". This is a special benefit exclusive to "special service" vehicles.
- There is not, nor will there be, any human service center and/or operations center in Jerusalem working on Shabbat - also for "regular" Go2Car vehicles (except for emergencies, when we use the services of the Shagrir road services company).
- We are working to get kosher certification for the application and on identification of vehicles which do not operate on Shabbat.
List of Locations