Application for participation in travel expenses
You may apply from January 2022, follow the update from the educational institution
The Jerusalem Municipality participates in travel expenses for students, according to the criteria listed below and subject to budget options
The application will be submitted using an online form only - For the online form - click here
Please note that the applications must be submitted until 28.2.22, after which date the system will be locked!
Criteria for participation in student travel expenses
- First and tenth grade boys or girls living and studying in Jerusalem only.
- In order to be eligible, the student must meet 2 criteria. The first is the distance criterion, and the second is one of three: social eligibility or recommendation of a principal or number of eligible children in the family.
- Distance - Residence from the school (according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Education - click here), is a necessary condition for eligibility.
The distance between the place of residence and the nearest educational institution that justifies participation in expenses according to the address on the identity card.
- For students up to fourth grade (inclusive) - from 2 km and up.
- For students from fifth grade and up - from 3 km and up.
The measured distance is walking distance to pedestrians. Regardless of the number of bus stops or on the roads for vehicles.
Exceptional approvals will be given on the basis of deviations of up to 200 meters, in case of inaccuracy in the computerized system.
2. The student must meet one of the following 3 criteria
- Social eligibility - The student must present a valid certificate from the Welfare Bureau regarding the degree of eligibility A, B, or a certificate of income guarantee provided by the National Insurance Institute or the Ministry of Education, or a certificate of income supplement, or a certificate that one parent receives a disability pension (at least 50% Disability percentages) from the National Insurance Institute because he is entitled to a social benefit.
- Principal's recommendation - a written request from the director or advisor of the institution who enters the student's personal file. This criterion requires the approval of the Superintendent of the Education Administration.
- A family with at least 3 children (after meeting the distance criterion), will be able to receive participation without the need for social entitlement or the recommendation of the principal. Eleventh and twelfth grade students can join 3 students, but in practice only first and tenth grade students will
Parents who have difficulty submitting the application will be able to receive assistance from the educational institution. For questions and support you can contact Netanel: Transportation Coordinator by email Click here or by phone 02-6295788.