The secondary education system in Jerusalem includes these schools: State, State-Religious, and Ultra-Orthodox schools from Grades 7-12
The Jerusalem Education Administration works in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and the supervisors. Staff maintain constant contact with school administrators to enhance the schools, improve the level of studies and nurture optimal values and learning environment.
- Normally 7th Grade to 12th Grade, some schools 9th Grade to 12th Grade.
- Teenage years are formative years- self awareness, developing identity, important that the lifestyle at home is in sync with the lifestyle in school.
- More flexible schedule than elementary school.
- 10th grade preparation pre-Bagrut year, students begin to think about their Megamot - the subjects that they will study towards Bagrut exams.
- 11th and 12th Grade Bagrut years: exams in December and May/June.
- The registration for the 7th Grade in the State and State Religious schools takes place during January each year.
- The transition to Junior High School begins with an online registration process, allowing choice according to the wishes of the student and his/her parents.
- Parents have the responsibility to consult and carefully examine all the registration options offered for selection, and choose according to an appropriate hierarchy.
- In order for you to prepare for the choice of a suitable school, the schools open their doors for parent-teacher evenings and open days.
- Information about schools, dates for parents' evenings, open days and public reception days can be found on our website during December and January.