A new immigrant is entitled to a discount for 12 months out of his first 24 months in Israel, starting from the day of registration at the Census Registration as a new immigrant according to the Law of Return, 5710-1950. This discount is at a rate of 90% for 100 sq m of the area of the apartment. Every meter above 100 sq m is charged at the full rate.
For the attention of those requesting a discount:
- An immigrant registered on his immigrant's certificate as ''not an immigrant according to the Law of Return'' is not entitled to a municipal tax discount.
- A new immigrant who lived in an Ulpan/absorption center must submit confirmation of this in order to prove that he/she did not use his/her eligibility for a discount.
- A new immigrant who lived in another city must submit confirmation of partial use or no use of the discount in the city of his/her previous residence.
- You must register at the Ministry of Interior as a resident of Jerusalem.
- You must present an Immigrant's Certificate in order to have it signed.
- If the municipal tax bill does not appear in the name of the person requesting a discount, you must submit a rent/purchase agreement in order to transfer the municipal tax bill to the name of the person requesting a discount.
- Indicate the number of flatmates in the apartment (if any). If the immigrant lives with additional families, the discount will be awarded for his relative part.
- The Municipality reserves the right to verify details recorded in the form.
- New Immigrant's
- Confirmation of residence in an absorption center and/or confirmation from the local authority, where you lived until now, that you did not receive a new immigrant's discount.