The Municipality of Jerusalem provides discounts in municipal taxes in accordance with the laws of the State and the regulations of the Interior Ministry.
- The Municipality is not required to give a discount to a business even if it suffered heavy losses or to help students by giving them a discount merely because they are students. Nonetheless, it is important to note that the City Council has determined that discounts in the municipal tax in Jerusalem, will be awarded at the maximal rates possible according to stipulations of the laws and regulations.
- If one's name does not appear in the Census Registration as a resident of Jerusalem, one needs a certificate from the local authority where he is registered, confirming that he did not receive a discount from that authority.
- When there is more then one person paying arnona, requests for discounts must be submitted together and the discount will be given to each individual according to his relative portion of the apartment. One may be required to submit additional documents.
- A request for a discount on behalf of another individual will only be reviewed if a suitable power of attorney is submitted.
- The request for a discount will be reviewed for the current year only and no discount will be awarded for previous years. A discount will be negated if an individual received a discount and did not pay his outstanding debt by the end of the tax year.
- We remind you that partial and/or false information is a legal offense. The Jerusalem Municipality reserves its full right to check and verify each request, using all measures available according to the law, including cross referencing details with other authorities.
- Submitting a request for a discount does not postpone the date of payment and will not delay enforcement of payment.