Pre-Aliyah Project Managers
Help with information Pre-Aliyah
Encouraging immigration (Aliyah) to Jerusalem is a central pillar of the Municipal Authority’s policy of absorption and immigration, and an inseparable part of the general policy of the Jerusalem Municipality.
|Talia Agrant Miller||02-5456955||AmTalia@jerusalem.muni.il||Russian|
|Hila Mukdasi||02-5456907||Hila_Mu@jerusalem.muni.il||Immigrant Graduate Programs Coordinator|
Encouraging immigration to Jerusalem includes administrative work focusing on creating marketing and advertising aids, distributing, updating and maintaining them, as well as extensive fieldwork. “Encouraging Immigration” focuses on the population of aliyah applicants abroad, and tourists who are in Israel as part of Birthright and Masa programs.
A significant portion of the work is done in collaboration with professionals in the Ministry of Absorption, the Jewish Agency, and the various immigrant organizations.
The Municipal Immigration and Absorption Authority has “Spotlights” for encouraging immigration--for English, Russian, French and Spanish speakers.
The “Spotlights to Encourage Immigration”
- Encouraging immigration in parallel to aid in absorption arrangements
- Pre-Immigration - Easing the immigrant absorption process, from the moment of gaining interest abroad up to their integration into the absorbing city, by support and accompaniment in the following topics: exercising rights, integration in the community, acquisition of the Hebrew language, employment, exploration (pilot) tours for aliyah applicants, meeting with tourists and travel plans, participation in tours and aliyah fairs.
- Lectures and providing information for tourists and travel groups, towards encouraging aliyah to Jerusalem.
- Absorption - Providing information about absorption services in Jerusalem and assistance in absorption arrangements with government ministries, the local authority, accompaniment and registration in Ulpan, registering children in educational institutions, assistance in understanding the education system in Israel, connecting the immigrant with information systems regarding immigrant rights.
- Assistance in bridging and mediation with the various institutions in the following areas: education, Ulpan, housing, culture, welfare, and employment.
- Developing professional partnerships with various intra- and extra-municipal bodies and institutions dealing in the area of immigration absorption in Jerusalem, such as: the Ministry of Immigrant Absorption, the Jewish Agency, Nefesh B’Nefesh, Ami (= Organization of Local Israeli Workers), and more.