Traffic and Parking Arrangements in Jerusalem
The Jerusalem Municipality welcomes visitors to the city who travel by car and so we offer attractions with recommended parking
Parking your car:
Areas where street parking is permitted for a fee are usually identifiable by blue and white painted stripes along the curb. There are several methods of payment for street parking. You can find payment information by going to this link.
A fee is required Sunday through Thursday, from 08:00 to 18:00 or 19:00 (depending on the area) and on Fridays and holiday eves, from 8:00 until 13:00.
Some neighborhoods only allow parking for local residents with a parking permit. This can be the policy all day long on weekdays or only at night from 18:00 until 08:00 the next day. So be sure to check the signs for parking limitations.
Red and white painted stripes along a curb mean no parking is allowed at any time and the fines for parking in these areas are steep so be careful.
Please remember these rules to make sure that you do not get a parking ticket.
Parking on the main streets of the city is for a fee. The hourly fee is NIS 6.30.
For information about parking rates and payment methods click here
Free parking lots:
There are three free "Park & Go" parking lots for users of the Light Rail located at Ammunition Hill, Pisgat Ze'ev and Mount Herzl.
Pay Parking lots in the city center:
- Safra Square Parking Lot Shivtei Yisrael Street
- Karta Parking Lot Yitzhak Kariv Street
- Damascus Gate Parking Lot at the entrance to the Damascus Gate
- Ein Karem parking lot in Ein Karem neighborhood - free of charge
- Mount Herzl parking lot - free of charge
- Ammunition Hill parking lot - free of charge
- Mall Market Parking Lot Agrippas Street, Mahane Yehuda Market
For a full list of Parking Lots click here
*Fees for privates lots vary.