Coronavirus update - Jerusalem Municipality
The Jerusalem Mayor, Moshe Lion, convened another assessment this evening, in light of the Corona crisis. The assessment of the situation was attended by City Manager, Itzik Larry, and the Heads of Directors and Departments.
The Mayor, Moshe Lion, ordered the municipality to:
1. Starting from tomorrow, the Jerusalem Municipality will work part-time, with intensive work from home.
- All field workers will work as usual.
- Management staff will work in limited way, according to a list published by superiors.
2. The entire education system of the city closed- including kindergartens, special education, youth movements and activities. Specific answers will be given to students with no family history, special education and boarding school.
3. All recreational and cultural institutions in Jerusalem will close from the evening, including gyms and pools.
4. There will be no public reception at the municipality. A response will be provided through the hotline.
5. The community centers will work in a limited coordination - there will be no reception, no classes will be held, but the employees of the community center will provide a telephone answer.
6. The municipal libraries will remain open for borrowing books only, but no more than 10 people will be allowed to get into the libraries at the same time.
7. Business - food businesses will be allowed to open the kitchens and provide food delivery service, up to 10 people in the kitchen.
8. City councils will be held as usual with up to 10 people in the room. Video conference technologies will be used if needed.
9. Increasing the volunteer system for the CMD and the third age population - The Jerusalem Municipality will operate volunteer systems for individual treatment, distribution of food and medicines for disadvantaged populations, along with non-profit organizations operating in the city, community and welfare administration.
The Mayor, Moshe Lion: "We are taking a step to deal with the Coronavirus. We are committed to strictly adhering to the Ministry of Health guidelines. It's about preserving human life. It's not easy, but necessary. I and the entire municipality of Jerusalem work hard to solve the problem. Do not hesitate to contact. We will go through this together successfully. I ask everyone to follow the Ministry of Health guidelines and maintain personal and group hygiene."