Jerusalem is staying healthy
Please follow guidelines: physical remoteness, wearing a mask and strict hygiene, thus preventing the spread of the Corona virus
In light of the increase in morbidity data in Corona, new restrictions came into effect starting on July 17, click here
In order to enable preparation and due to the purchase of food stock in restaurants,
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Beni Gantz have decided to leave the restaurants open until 5.00 am Tuesday, July 21, according to the format in use until now.
Corona Virus Updates 21.7
beaches and pools, restaurants will remain open
Restrictions on staying at beaches and bathing pools on weekends have been lifted. In addition, the restaurants will remain open and will continue to operate in accordance with the conditions of the purple mark - up to 20 people inside and up to 30 people outside.
The following places will be closed during the weekends, between Friday at 17:00 in the evening until Sunday at 5:00 in the morning
- Shops and malls - Excluding food, pharmacies, hygiene products, optics and communication products labs
- Retail markets
- Hairdressers and beauty salons
- Museums and exhibition spaces
- Tourist attractions
- Cable cars
Jobs Terms of business operation
A business with more than 10 employees who wish to have more than 30% of the employees at a given time, or an excluded business that wishes to increase beyond the permitted percentage of employees according to its field of activity (see excluded businesses). Must comply with the following "Purple Tav for employment of workers" regulations
The employer will inform his employees about the rules specified
The employer will appoint a corona virus supervisor who will be responsible for maintaining the rules outlined below.
The CEO and Corona Affairs Supervisor at the same workplace will sign a declaration form, which will be kept at the business, according to which they comply with the following rules:
Employees should be allowed to perform their work outside the workplace or from home, as much as possible.
Before entering the workplace, ask the entrants the following questions:
- Are you coughing?
- Is your body temperature above 38 degrees Celsius or higher or have you had such a fever in the last week?
- Have you been in close contact with a corona patient in the last two weeks?
No one will be allowed to enter the place for those who did not answer in the negative to any of the questions, except for a person who replied that he was coughing due to a chronic condition such as asthma or another allergy.
It is mandatory to check fever for those entering the workplace, and to prevent entry from a person with a body temperature of 38 degrees Celsius and above.
Care must be taken to maintain a distance of two meters between people.
An employee shall sit, as far as possible, in a permanent work station that includes permanent personal equipment. If it is not possible to provide the employee with a permanent work station, the work station and the personal equipment in it will be thoroughly disinfected before each transfer from person to person.
Employees should be instructed to strictly observe hygiene rules including hand washing.
Employees should be instructed of two passengers at a time in an elevator in the workplace for more than.
All employees in the workplace must wear a mask, except if 2 employees work regularly in one room and have a distance of at least 2 meters between them, and except for a person who due to mental, intellectual or medical disabilities has difficulty covering the mouth and nose. Each employee will work in a permanent room.
Eating or drinking should be done, as far as possible, in the employee's regular room.
Each room shall maintain a distance of at least 2 meters between person to person unless there is a partition to prevent the transfer of spray from person to person. In a building where there is an automatic extinguishing system (sprinklers) or a fire and smoke detection system, the partition will be installed from the floor up to a height of 50 cm below the ceiling height at most.
An employer may allow professional meetings to be held in the workplace with the participation of up to 50 people, provided that he maintains a distance of at least 2 meters between people.
Every employee will work, as much as possible, with regular suppliers.
The same group of workers should be placed together in the same shuttle as possible.
- If it turns out that infection has occurred in the workplace, the authorities can order the closure of the workplace, in whole or in part, until after the completion of an epidemiological investigation by the Ministry of Health, and order its reopening under conditions imposed on them.
The dining rooms are required to remain closed. Only self-collection is allowed.
Government guidelines dated 9.7.2020:
Closing halls, clubs and bars
Studios - may follow the purple tav guidelines. There should be one person for every 7 sq m or a maximum of 20 people, the greater option, while maintaining a distance of 2 meters between people.
• In a closed area - limited to 20 customers, and if the site contains several separate levels or spaces - up to 20 customers in each.
• Open space - limited to no more than 30 customers, and if the site contains several separate levels or spaces - up to 30 customers in each.
Markets - can be opened after the local authority publishes a notice on the authority's website stating that the market is complying with the following conditions:
- Fever measurement at entrance.
- Regulating the entry and exit of people into the market, so that there is up to one person per 7 sq m, or no more than 2 customers per employee assigned to provide customer service at any given time.
- A gathering of up to 20 people is permitted, provided the area allows for a distance of 2 meters between people. Signage on keeping distance must be placed.
- Adhering to the rules of hygiene and directing business owners and employees, including ensuring that internal surfaces are disinfected regularly (no less than twice a day and at the end of the day of operation).
- Placing hand sanitizer facilities in accessible and available places.
- The Authority will not allow seating for eating in the market area and will place prominent signs for this prohibition.
The Authority will keep a computerized record of entry to the market.
- Closing of gyms and public swimming pools. Public swimming pools - closed except for treatment pools, hotel pools, athlete pools. Organized sports activity - will only be possible without an audience (no change in the existing situation). For Home Command instructions - click here (Hebrew)
- Closing of cultural performances
- Hotels and tourism - clubs and bars will not be allowed on site. Restaurant and dining activities will allow up to 20 people in an enclosed space
- Prayer houses - up to 19 people
- Other gatherings - up to 20 participants, 2 meters away from each other while wearing masks
- Organized sports activities will only be possible without an audience. (No change from existing situation)
Buses - No final decision has yet been made
Examinations - can be held in institutions supervised by the Ministry of Education (matriculation, technicians and additional certification exams) and institutions supervised by the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.
Institutions that are under the direction of the Council for Higher Education will not hold exams involving the physical presence of students, except in cases where individual approval is granted.
Examinations will be conducted subject to the following conditions:-
- Students will be notified of the location of the examination, the time of the exam and the class where they are scheduled to arrive at least 24 hours prior to the exam.
- The director of the institution should ensure that every sink has soap and paper for wiping hands, and disinfectant dispensers at the exam site.
- A health declaration form must be provided. Any person with corona symptoms, or who requires isolation or a verified patient is not allowed entrance to the exam.
- Examinees must wear a mask.
- Examinees should enter the exam room gradually.
- For exams using a computer - the keyboard, mouse and workspace must be disinfected before the examinees The examinees must bring personal headphones.
- Examiner/examinee ratio – an examiner for every 10 examinees.
- The examinees will sit at least 2 meters apart.
Occupancy of examinees in the classroom
In a classroom of up to 60 sq m - 14 examinees and staff.
- In a classroom of 150-160 sq m - up to 25 examinees and staff.
- A classroom of more than 150 sq m - no more than 50 examinees and staff.
Jobs - Government ministries and government companies - 30% of staff should work from home (according to Civil Service Commissioner rules).
Please note, the Corona virus is transmitted through spittle, so keeping to the guidelines and wearing a mask on the nose and mouth reduces the chance of getting infected.
Observe the rules
Social distance - keep 2 meters away from each other
Mask - wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth every time you leave home
Personal hygiene - wash hands before contact with food, other people, surfaces and more
Try not to touch your face
For any question, dial the Municipal hotline 106
More details can be found on the Ministry of Health website - click here
For more information about the Municipality's preparations as regards the Corona virus - click here
For the Home Front Command website (Hebrew)- click here