Summary of Municipal Library Regulations:
- Membership to municipal libraries is free.
- Library memberships are personal and nontransferable.
- Library books are borrowed using a library card.
- A maximum of three books may be borrowed with an adult membership.
- A maximum of four Hebrew books and additional books in English may be borrowed with a child membership (limited to 12 borrowed Hebrew books per family).
- Memberships are issued after an undated NIS 100 deposit check is presented to library staff for each book or item, made out to “Jerusalem Municipality” and marked “Nontransferable”.
- Books may be borrowed for 30 days, highly requested books may be borrowed for 15 days (as per the decision of library management).
- Overdue fine – NIS 5 per month, overdue fine for highly requested books – NIS 5 per day.
- The responsibility of returning books is solely the reader’s.
- Library management may deposit the check in the following circumstances:
- The book is more than five months overdue.
The book or other item is returned in improper condition.
Failure to pay an overdue fine or other financial debt.
If an item is returned after the check has been deposited, the library may refuse to accept it.
The check will be returned to the reader upon cancellation of membership, (subject to library procedures).
Paid library services:
Ordering and reserving a book – NIS 3.
- . Adding a book beyond the standard membership allowance (one-time) – NIS 5.
Reissuance of a lost membership card – NIS 5.
Internet, multimedia and print services, enrichment activities – based on accepted rates.
- The following are strictly prohibited in the library:
- Use of cellphones.
Bringing food, drink and strollers into the reading halls.
We thank you for observing these rules.