Facilities Outside of the Business
Preservation of the public space for the benefit of the general public, public uses in the public space, including improvement of the strolling experience in the space and public use for consumer recreation and leisure.
Pedestrian accessibility while maintaining public safety and security – sidewalks will maintain at least 1.5 meters for the benefit of pedestrians and accessibility for the disabled, and pedestrian malls will maintain 2.2 meters for security vehicles.
Creating arrangements with as much transparency, simplicity and equality as possible.
Requirements for Submitting an Application for Placing Facilities, Tables and Chairs
- The placement of facilities requires the completion of an application form for a permit to place facilities in the public space, signed by the busines owner.
- The application must be accompanied by the following attachments: a plan of the business at a scale of 1:50, including the marking of the area intended for placement of the facilities and in accordance with the generic types approved by the city architect, as published on the Municipality website;
- Photos of the front of the business and the area designated for placement of tables and chairs / facilities; a signed letter of indemnity with a commitment to indemnify the Municipality for any damages / expenses resulting from the use of the approved area; signed commitments.
- The facilities will be brought out of the business and set up adjacent to the business, and at the end of the working day they will be returned to the private space.
- The placement of tables and chairs in the public space – regulation of the use in the public space for the benefit of business owners and their customers, while maintaining the necessary balances in accordance to the core values as detailed above. In accordance with what is permitted in the streets and the approved plans, and in accordance with the specifications as prepared by the city architect and published on the website.
- The facilities, tables and chairs, as well as parasols and/or space heaters will be placed within the approved area in accordance what is permitted and the approved plans.
- Permits for placing tables and chairs will be issued to food businesses such as restaurants, cafes, snack bars and kiosks.