Dear manager/producer! The Business Promotion Division considers events in the public space as a key factor in encouraging visitors and tourists around the city, and as an important tool for leveraging the city’s various business areas in general and in the city center in particular.
A large one-time multi-participant event (over 500 people) for “the public pleasure” held in an open or closed place not designated for such with a valid business license (for instance, events in parks, promenades, city streets, city squares, halls or other indoor spaces not designated for such). A one-time event requires a business license, but the procedure for obtaining the license is different from the usual procedure, as the preparations for the event are made in a short time and at a set pace of activity. Applications for large events must be submitted up to 30 days prior to the date of the event, and mega events (over 10,000 people) require submission up to 45 days prior to the date of the event. For one-time events where food is served, an additional item will be opened 7.7 G (food fair).
Requirements for Application to Hold an Events
(Items 7.7A, 7.7E)
You must coordinate and submit the following documents
- Coordination of the event – with the Department for Interdivisional Coordination in the Culture Division – Mr. Sheli Lehman
10 Safra Square, tel: 02-6298100, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of an application form for holding an event
- A letter from the event managers – detailing the type of event, the nature of the event, the location of the event, the times of the event and all the elements related to the event.
- A Registrar of Companies / Associations certificate – in the case of a production company / association and a managing company / association, a certificate from the Registrar of Companies / Association of the Ministry of Justice must be submitted. In addition, the list of company / association directors as it appears in the Registrar of Companies / Associations must be submitted.
- Permission from the property owner for use of the land – in the case of private land, a copy of a rental contract or written confirmation from the property owner must be submitted, with their consent to holding the event at the site.
In the case of a public area, the event must be coordinated with the following parties:
The City Improvement Division – Mrs. Flora Cohen, 1 Safra Square, 4th floor, tel: 02-6296815, email: email@example.com
Sanitation Division – Mrs. Monfred Esther, 17 Jaffa Street, tel: 02-6297607, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (for the purpose of submitting applications for events in public areas, the approval of the municipal departments will be used as documents attesting to the Municipality’s consent to use the land for the event, and will replace rental contracts). Any additional Municipality department, depending on the nature of the event.
- The opinion of a qualified accessibility consultant – an accessibility survey for the event.
- A safety booklet signed by a safety consultant + a map (3 copies), a safety consultant’s plan including a program and detailed written report that includes a safety and sanitary risk assessment.
- Letter of approval from a construction consultant – to be submitted on the day of the event
- Letter of approval from an electrical inspector – to be submitted on the day of the event
- Third party insurance – for the entire period of the event
- Letter of approval to serve food – in the event food is served at the event, it is necessary to specify the type of food and the manner in which it will be served
In the event there are inflatables and playground equipment as part of the event, the following documents must be presented:
- Certification of approval by the Standards Institution of Israel, including safety certifications in accordance with Safety Standard 5378
- Letter of approval from a construction engineer with regard to the strength of the facilities
- Letter of approval from a safety consultant
- Approval of the operator