The said includes new construction, residential expansions, adding balconies, pergolas, elevators etc.
In addition, a permit must also be received for changing the use of a structure, including using an apartment for an office, clinic etc.
A request for a building permit must be filed by an architect, engineer or practical engineer, registered at the Registrar of Architects, Engineers and Practical Engineers.
Before beginning the process of filing a request for a permit, we recommend:
1. Checking that you have selected a registered professional.
2. Making sure with the professional that the requested construction is indeed possible.
3. Reading the guide to receiving a building permit.
4. Tracking progress of the process after receiving a file number.
Customer Services Center:
Reception hours are on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30-12:00.
The following actions can be performed at the Customer Services Center during reception hours, without prior scheduling:
1. Scheduling meetings with a licensing examiner and heads of teams.
2. Submitting documents to open a file requesting a building permit.
3. Submitting requests to renew a permit.
4. Submitting requests to extend the validity of a decision.
5. Submitting a request for a building permit with the authority of the City Engineer.
Note the Customer Services Center opens licensing files for all requests except the following:
a. Requests for neighborhoods in eastern Jerusalem without an abstract of title. These requests will be opened in a pre-scheduled meeting with the examiners of Team C.
b. Submitting requests for photovoltaic cells must be scheduled directly with Mr. Dror Ozeri at telephone: 02-6297205.
c. Submitting requests by municipal agents must be scheduled with Mrs. Ruth Hatabi at telephone: 02-6297339.
Scheduling meetings (Building 1, 4th floor):
Meetings with licensing examiners will only be held with prior scheduling.
To schedule a meeting for opening a file, one can send a request:
By e-mail: email@example.com (preferable choice).
By telephone: 02-6297920 on Monday and Wednesday from 9:00-13:00.
Reception hours: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday frpm 8:30-13:00 and Tuesday also from 16:00- 18:00.
Issuing objection to an application:
1. Reviewing the application documents: available at the Licensing archive, Building 1, Floor 0, on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00-13:00.
2. Issuing an objection: available via this form (Hebrew) which should be sent by mail, or by hand to the person in charge of publications and objections, or to the Customer Service Center, Building Licenses Department, Safra Square, Building 1, 4th floor, on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00-13:00.
Licensing Archive (Building 1, Floor O):
At the archive you can review permit request files, i.e. files in the process of licensing for which a permit has yet to be given, can be reviewed.
Reception hours: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00-13:00.
Send requests by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensing Records (Building 1, Floor O):
Starting from April 1, 2011, you can review the building files kept at the Licensing Records Unit (files for which a building permit was issued), only after prior scheduling.
Ordering a file, as well as scheduling to review the file, can be done through each of the communication methods specified below, limited to 2 files per appointment:
Address: Safra Square Building 1, Floor 0.
Telephone: 02-6296584, 02-6298190.
By telephone: Sunday and Wednesday from 9:00-13:00.
Manager: Director and Department Manager, Yoel Shabbat.
For list of Municipality Supervisors of construction Click here.
A form called "Form number 4" must be filled for final license and end of construction approval which will allow residence where construction had taken place. For form Click here