The Department works in several fields: promoting professional art; art education (academic, professional and amateur); encouraging art lovers; mobilizing social and community processes, improving the appearance of the city, pooling resources and information in the field.
These activities ensure that the Department is a significant factor in empowering artistic practice in the city.
Examples of multi-year projects:
- Professional art in public places (such as Tabula Rasa, Ziona, Urban Edges, Eden Cinema Presents, Black Yellow Red - photo exhibition of former soccer players, and more)
- “A Jerusalem Moment” - photography project in elementary schools, concluding in a street exhibition
- “Art Opens Wide” - promoting welfare through art
- “Open Space” project
- The main partners in the “Cranes: opening of the exhibition season in Jerusalem”
- The outdoor exhibition “Black Box”
- Koresh group project – located in a residential building on Koresh Street downtown
- Project Muslallah- public art in the Musrara neighborhood
- The Hambul collective project in the French Hill neighborhood