1. The sign should be intended for placement only in the business' original entryway and should not cover the building's exterior.
2. At least half of the area of the sign must be in the Hebrew language.
3. The sign should be placed within the original business openings (door, window, display window) and not on the stone exterior. The sign's edge should be placed at least 10 cm away from the stone's edge.
4. Centralized signposting in building entrances: signposts for businesses, offices and institutions, located inside a building, should be posted on a centralized board near the entrance of the building, or on two identical boards on both sides of the building, if necessary. The board/boards should facilitate changing of signs in case of business turnover.
5. A flat awning, made of extendable poles, located inside the frame and width of the original business opening, must be approved. Signs may be placed on the awnings on the condition that the sign is posted on the bottom part of the awning. The plane of the signposting area should be parallel to the building’s exterior, and in any event, the height of the signposting area may not exceed 30 cm.
6. A directional signpost placed outside the business opening will not be approved.
7. A signpost intended for placement along the building's roof will not be approved.
8. Signposting boards must be horizontal and rectangular, and must be placed between the doorposts of the entryway. A signposting board may be of a different shape, provided that the board is placed in parallel with the display window, and is integrated within it.
9. Individual letters in the doorways of businesses: a business signpost may include a sequence of individual letters and a sign/logo integrated into the display window exterior, according to the following guidelines:
A. The letters and sign/logo should be placed at the top of the opening (higher than the entry door).
B. The area of the sign/logo should not exceed 40 cm. Each letter and symbol/logo should be separately lit by a lighting agent (cold cathode) hidden from view.
C. Wiring for lighting fixtures should be hidden from view. Alternatively, signs may be lit from the front using a lighting fixture.