Towards the end of the license period, the Business Licensing Authority will ask licensing officials to issue opinions in the matter of renewing the license. The latter will either give their approval for extension of the license or will notify the business owner and the Business Licensing Authority regarding the conditions and requirements for approval of the license.
License Renewal Process
- The licensing examiner will pass along the license requests to the licensing authorities in order to receive their opinions on the license renewal. It should be noted that the license will not be renewed for business owners who have debts stemming from previous licenses.
- If a negative opinion is received from one of the licensing authorities, the Business Licensing Authority will notify the business owner that the business license will not be renewed and will stipulate the reasons for such, so that the business owner can remedy them as soon as possible.
- If all of the approving parties have approved the renewal, a license renewal will be issued. It should be noted that the license will not be valid until such time as the license fee has been paid.
As mentioned above, if the business owner has previous debts, a business license will not be issued.
- If one or more of the licensing authorities decide to grant a temporary permit (and no other authority has refused the renewal), or in the event that one or more of the licensing authorities has not submitted its opinion within the time prescribed by law, a temporary permit will be issued, and will be valid in accordance with the shortest period allowable by one or more of the licensing authorities, as set forth by law. Note – the temporary permit period will be considered as part of the license period.
- If one or more of the license authorities refuses the renewal, the Business Licensing Authority will send the business owner a letter stating that the business license will not be renewed.
- Appeal – the business owner has the option to file an appeal against the licensing authority which refused granting the license by means of administrative petition, or, alternatively, to appeal against the refusing authority through the Licensing Authority, within 30 days of receiving the letter of refusal.
Mazal Suissa – Licensing examiner for renewal of licenses, 10 Safra Square
Reception hours: Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 am to 8:30 pm. Tuesdays from 14:00 to 17:00.
There is no reception on Fridays or holiday eves. Phone: 02-6296852 Fax: 02-6296854
To send an email click here