Between 2012 and 2016, it is the intent of the municipality to work in cooperation with the planning authorities and the appropriate operational divisions, through cooperation with the business community via the business promotion offices, to upgrade the business environment in the various areas of the city, as well as to promote issues which require promotion. One of these issues is bringing order to the matter of commercial signage in the city, in an effort to improve the appearance of the city and the business environment in which you work. In this framework, we are working diligently to institute a reform on the matter of the signage fee and the way it is calculated.
In the past year, a survey of signage was conducted throughout the city, and through the survey signage licenses were issued, and detailed instructions were given for adapting the signs which did not comply with the signage guidelines.
Responsibilities of the Business Promotion Department and the Business Development Division:
- To establish and operate the city's business promotion offices throughout the city.
- To create a synchronized and coordinated system that will work in tandem with the city's business sector (Israel Railways, MATI )Business Development Center), the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor), and to build cooperation with all of the urban and municipal entities that operate vis-à-vis the business sector.
- Promoting proactive projects geared towards the cultivation of business owners (The Law on Business Hours, Stock Day, joint campaigns with MATI and the Jewish Agency, women's business entrepreneurship, etc.).
- Responsibility for marketing and branding the division.
- To accompany entrepreneurs.