Skip Navigation Linksירושלים : English : Olim : Olim Services : Receiving Immigrants at the Airport

Receiving Immigrants at the Airport

Arrival at the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption Office at Ben-Gurion International Airport

​After you land and before you undergo a passport check, a representative from the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption will meet you. Should our representatives not find you, you should approach the passport check area. To the left of the passport check area is a phone that you can use to directly contact our office.
If you cannot find the phone, go to the border control and present your visa that is in your passport and a Ministry representative will be sent to meet you. Another way to contact a Ministry representative in the airport is through the information desk at the airport – a Ministry representative will be called to escort you to the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption office.


Services offered at the Ben Gurion International Airport

  • First aid nurse for sick patients and the handicapped
  • Mother and baby room
  • Free phones for calling in Israel and abroad
  • Light refreshments
Back to top

Which documents should you bring to the airport?

  • Passport with immigration visa.
  • Letter from immigration emissary.
  • Passport photo of every family member who is prevented from being physically present in the office because that member flew and was taken off the plane and immediately transferred to an ambulance.
  • Birth certificate.
  • Marriage certificate.
  • Divorce certificate (if relevant).
  • Death certificate of spouse (if relevant).
  • Guardianship certificate (court decision) of minors.
Back to top

​What documents do you receive at the airport?

  • Immigration certificate or certificate of eligibility.
  • Eligibility for immigration certificate –the entire family. Single immigrant children under 21 will be included in the family certificate.
  • Letter of registration in the population registry, including an identification number.
  • Teudat Zehhut, Israel Identity Card from the Ministry of Interior.
  • Health insurance form for registration with a health fund. You may also register for a health fund with the representative of the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption.
  • Form to open up a bank account.​
Back to top

​Where does one go to upon arrival in Israel?

  • Friends or relatives
  • An apartment that was rented in advance
  • A hotel for several days, until a rental apartment is found (Tel-Aviv, Haifa, Beer-Sheva)
  • Kibbutz ulpan
  • Rented apartment on a kibbutz, such as Bayit Rishon Bamoledet
  • Absorption centers (involves prior arrangement via immigration emissary)​
Back to top

​What financial assistance do you receive?

  • A person entitled to ''Absorption Basket'' – first payment in cash.
  • A person entitled to an ''old age pension'' – (advance) in cash.​
Back to top


When you are in the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption unit, your luggage will wait in the arrivals lounge.

Once you have completed formal processes in our office and have received the documents, you can go down, accompanied with our representative, to arrivals lounge and collect your luggage.

Back to top

​Transportation from the airport

All immigrants are entitled to be transported with their luggage from the airport to any location they choose in Israel.
This transportation is one-time and there is a limit to the number of luggage that you can take. ​

Remember that the information appearing here is general information. Your personal information such as stay in Israel, change in family status, etc. may affect your eligibility to rights. Before taking any action, please contact the relevant Government Ministry or Jewish Agency for Israel to confirm your rights.

This briefing is based on information supplieed by The Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorptiom.

Back to top

Back to top

Back to top

Back to top

Back to top

Back to top

Back to top

Back to top

Back to top

Back to top